Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Migrating tummy bug

Wednesday:

Last night was my husband's turn with the tummy bug so I guess it wasn't the food. We are all feeling a bit wiped out this morning. Queasy and woozy.

Tim mentioned yesterday that a colleague of his is going on a liquid food diet. He is a bit dumbfounded by this, firstly it sounds like such a stupid diet but also she is slender and the most attractive person in the office and therefore doesn't "need" to diet.

But the thing is, she probably feels she does need to take extreme measures to maintain her slender figure. I don't know her at all, so I'm making all sorts of judgements based on this one thing, but I'm guessing she bases a lot of her identity of being thin and beautiful. Enough to do unhealthy things to make sure she doesn't lose that part of herself.

I would love to be as slender as I'm imagining she is, but not enough to make it pursuing it my whole lifestyle. I was going to say I wouldn't risk my health for it, but that's kind of a silly thing to say considering I regularly risk my health more with a "normal" unhealthy diet.

I can't really claim to have been on my diet at all the past few days. I just can't get motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment