Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Thursday weigh in

Thursday:

Back up to 81.8 kg today. 0.5 gain. Completely reasonable since I haven't been sticking to my diet at all, not even a little bit. I've lost all momentum.

On the upside, I fell much better today, over the tummy bug. I didn't go for a long walk, but at least went up to the school twice today so that was two little walks.

And my husband is better too, back at work today.

And I did some good writing, and got a couple of other things done.

And standing in our backyard in the middle of the day was nice, the sun warm through several dark layers of clothing. Only my bare hands were cold.

There are good things every day, even if I don't have my weight under control.

3 comments:

  1. Love the last line-- "There are good things every day, even if I don't have my weight under control." Realizing that this isn't something where the switch flips and it's ON 100%, all the time...is imperative to our success, in my opinion. Please don't allow a slight gain to discourage you. You're very intelligent, Natalie. You're aware of why it went up and I'm reading a certain level of peace in this, which contrary to what some might believe--is a good thing. You're not reacting in a counterproductive way, is what I'm saying. You seem very confident and aware. This awareness and maintaining your writing schedule here is paramount to your success. And you are a success, you know that--right?
    In my experience, it sometimes takes some prolonged internal searching and dissecting to find what we want, what we can do and where we want to go with this journey to better health. I just wanted to remind you that where you find yourself today isn't an indication of any kind of "less than," in any way. Thank you for writing your blog and being so real along the way. Glad your hubby is feeling better! Stomach bugs are no fun at all. He got better quickly! My best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean. My feelings about my attempts at weight loss go up and down, but I am trying to stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean said everything I wanted to and more but way better than I could have. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Love the warm sun too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete