Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hot chocolate

Wednesday:

I struggled a bit today, no idea why. I just wanted to eat - I'm sure you all know what that feels like! In the afternoon I ate my snack very early, when I was still full from lunch, and ate too much, but kept to my food plan so I felt I hadn't gone too far off the rails. But then in the evening I had a hot chocolate, which is definitely not on my plan for a low carb day. I wasn't craving anything in particular, and I don't think I was stressed or angry or any of those things that can be an emotional trigger. I was just restless. I was alone in the house, everyone else at karate, and I gave in to the desire for something delicious. It's done, I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

My son was home sick today, but he slept until 10 and then leapt out of bed all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I didn't make him go to school, he wasn't faking being sick earlier and a rare day off won't hurt. I enforced a quiet morning while I worked (he played with his Lego) then let him watch TV in the afternoon. By the time Jasmine got home from school he was running around the house full of energy.

My exercise today was ten minutes of laps inside the house. I walked around the lounge/kitchen loop then jogged up the hall and back. I did 31 laps in the ten minutes. Ten minutes is my promise to myself for this week, even if I don't feel like it.

Breakfast was a slice of roast beef, cucumber, carrot, and 1.5 kiwi fruit (2 shown, I didn't eat it all). And a cup of tea. Still working on getting the sugar below half a teaspoon.

Morning tea was cheese, cucumber and tomato.

Lunch was pulled pork with salad which I put together in lettuce leaves for bite-sized goodness. The amount in the picture was shared with my son. Also a cup of tea.

No picture of my too-much cheese, then cashews and some other nuts, and later a carrot and my third cup of tea for the day. It was spread out over an hour or more of nibbling.

Dinner was steak with mushroom and onion. I made myself a little green salad with Thousand Island dressing and ate a little of it. I'd recently checked the label on a different bottle of dressing and that was high fat/low carb. But after a few bites of this I looked at the label and it was very high carb! Lots of sugar. So I didn't eat it.

Maybe that is why I was still peckish a couple of hours later, and had a hot chocolate.
It was very very yummy and I'm having a hard time regretting it. Good night, all!

1 comment:

  1. Hot chocolate? Could have been much worse, I wouldn't worry. Now if it becomes hot chocolate 3 days in a row, then maybe you should be concerned.
    -FogDog

    ReplyDelete